Federal Pacific PanelBrian King
Upgrading Your Federal Pacific Panel in the Orlando, Williamsburg and Casselberry
Federal Pacific Stab Lock was a very popular component installed in millions of homes from the 1950’s – 1980’s.
- This panel lost its UL Approval Listing (Underwriters Laboratory) for electrical safety compliance and it represents a safety issue in your home.
- The potential defect with the panel is that the circuit breakers can fail to trip in response to an overcurrent, leading to shock or fire. Our electrical team has seen instances where members of the family are experiencing unexplained shocks in the house, are smelling electrical burning odors when circuits are overloaded or fire damage itself.
- We are presently seeing a high incidence of insurers requiring a replacement of the FPE panels when renewing policies or establishing new coverage. They are taking this action to limit their underwriting risk.
- Realtors are also recommending replacement of the FPE panels prior to the sale of homes because home inspectors and insurers are flagging them during inspections and this is causing delays in home sales.
We understand you may have additional questions, feel free to:
- Contact our office, call (407) 841-3310.
- Research by searching “FPE Hazards” online
- Visiting this website: http://inspectapedia.com/fpe/fpepanel.htm
- WFTV has run 2 different investigative stories about the panels that explain the problem well: WFTV Story One and WFTV Story Two
- Obtain a FREE estimate from a licensed contractor such as Westbrook to replace your FPE panel.
- A permit needs to be obtained to replace your electrical panel from the appropriate municipality and the electrician performing the replacement should be fully licensed and insured.
- The panels cannot be retrofit to correct the problem, they should be fully replaced.
- Make sure the new panel is properly sized for the load needed for your home.
- Check for possible policy discounts from your insurance company after the panel has been replaced.
Westbrook has done electrical panel replacements in thousands of homes.
• Fully licensed and insured electricians
• Background screened and drug tested employees
• A+ Rated with the BBB
• 7 time Angie’s List Super Service Award Winners